As you may know, I have Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma and will start chemo in the near future. So what is my first thought when I get all this news? Is my hair going to fall out? Well, nobody knows the answer to that but more than likely it will. I know people that have gone through chemo and didn't lose their hair but I am preparing myself for the worse. This is were my vanity comes into play. I know I have much more important things to worry about but really- what girl wants to be bald. I guess Demi Moore and Sinead O'Conner liked it. I figure, if I can't whine about it on my blog about beauty and fashion than were can I whine about it. If you are reading this blog then you probably care about that kind of stuff too.
So here I go. My first negative thoughts:
- I have a BIG head. Literally. What is that going to look like?
- Not to sound braggy but I have good hair. I mean it is by no means perfect (I could definitely use some more volume) but I like it. What if it doesn't come back the same?
- Then there is the thought of losing my eyebrows. I LOVE my eyebrows. I have gotten used to their bushiness.
- And then the question- Do I wear a wig or do I not wear a wig? I think a wig would be hot.
I am going to now try and think positively:
- Getting ready in the morning will be super fast.
- I can focus more on my makeup.
- Cute scarves can make a boring outfit look better.
- I am thinking if I wear big chunky statement necklaces that it may distract from my head.
- Maybe my leg hair and underarm hair will fall out and never come back. That would be nice.
- Bald headed little babies look adorable.
- When it does grow back I can try all those pixie cuts I have pinned on Pinterest. I would never be brave enough to cut my hair that short normally.
I guess you can think positive thoughts in any situation. I don't want to turn my blog into this "crazy cancer lady blog" but this is my reality now and maybe it can help people going through similar situations. I have found a blog called Lil Blue Boo (not all about cancer but more of a creative/craft blog) whose author Ashley is going through chemo right now. She is so inspiring and positive. You should check out her blog ASAP. Her motto is "choose joy." I think I will TRY to follow her.
Thank you for reading and all of your sweet comments!