I don’t have this art perfected yet but I try. I love finding a good deal, whether it’s at Target or Nordstrom’s. It’s a thrill to me. I think in today’s world it is smart to save anywhere you can. So I have pulled together a few tips if you want to save yourself a little money, too.
If your addicted to your Neiman’s card don’t stop reading. You can keep shopping there just a little smarter.
- I know you probably get a ton of emails but I sign up to get emails at all my favorite stores. There is always a sale or an extra percentage off. This includes the outlets stores like Gap, Banana Republic, JCrew, Nordstrom Rack and Neiman’s Last Call. They have their own separate emails.
- Stores like Nordstroms and Neiman Marcus don’t have tons of sales but when they do they are good. I know if you have a Nordstom card you get perks and points. I love when Nordstrom has their Anniversary Sale around August. They ususally have some good Fall stuff on sale and by then aren’t we all sick of summer clothes.
- If you plan it right and know what you need in your closet you can wait till your favorite place has a sale going on.
- Start stalking Ebay. If you have a certain pair of designer jeans you have been eyeing you could probably find gently used ones on Ebay for a great deal. I would suggest knowing the exact style and size you wear before you place your bid. Ebay is great for kids clothes, too.
- I have probably said this before, mix your high end with low end. For example, a Target top with your JBrand jeans.
- Visit consignment and resale shops like Plato’s Closet, Buffalo Exchange and Clothes Circuit. The ladder two are in Dallas. A quick google search you find many more.
- More emails, but sites like HauteLook, Zulily, Rue La La and Refinery 29 send you specials you can shop online.
- Shop at local boutiques. They usually will mark down items when their new shipments come in. And your are supporting local business!
And because we all need a visual. Here is some examples of mixing high and low.
Hi and Low by ilovethat featuring silk tops
Swell Bib Rope Necklace